2.24.2009

MODERN VINTAGE



There are few stores that I love more than Fish’s Eddy in New York City. Their store is a treat in itself. You walk in and are nearly overwhelmed with vintage dinnerware, flatware, glassware and linens. There are also tons of modern pieces inspired by vintage design. I love the fact that you cannot easily distinguish between what is modern and what is actually vintage. Luckily for those of us who do not live on the east coast, they have a fabulous website. In the words of Fish’s Eddy “To be eclectic and free thinking. To know that in the kitchen, the rules should be breakable, not the dishes. And most importantly…to always have some good old fashion fun! That's why after twenty years …we still love “doing dishes”!”


Here are a few of my favorite items…


Wouldn’t these be great for displaying or hanging jewelry?










By Guest Blogger.....Kathy



And....I checked out the site and couldn't resist posting my favorites too!










kisses, april

4 comments:

Jan said...

I have a friend who collects those hands. They are so unique and so charming. I think she does put jewels on them and little messages.

Love your finds.

Rebecca M said...

Oooo I am so in the market for new dishes, I am def. going to have to check this website out!! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Such cute things. I'm going to have to check-out that website. Thanks!

-FringeGirl

Arlette said...

hello
this is a very interesting blog.
I like your collections